According to the French Government's strategy to open the borders, as of June 9, 2021, the conditions for travel to France are different depending on the country from which the person arrives. The degree of spread of the virus and the sanitary situation determine the country concerned as falling in "green", "orange" or "red" zone. Information on the classification of the Parties can be found on the following Page of the French Government:
At present, the classification of the parties is as follows:
- "green" zone - countries where there is no active circulation of the virus nor his variants that are alarmed - these are the countries of the European space (including Bulgaria), Australia, South Korea, Israel, Japan, Lebanon, New Zealand , Singapore;
- "orange" zone - the countries where there is an active but mastered circulation of the virus, without disseminating his alarming variants - these are all other countries outside "green" and "red" zones;
- "red" zone - the countries that are characterized by active circulation of the virus and the presence of his variants - South Africa, Argentina, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, India, Nepal, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Turkey, Uruguay.
When traveling to France from Green "Zone (including Bulgaria), the presentation of:
- a negative PCR test or antigen test made up to 72 hours before departure
- Certificate of completed vaccination scheme.
It is not necessary to identify motives for traveling to or from France to the countries of the Green "zone.
When traveling to France from Orange countries, the presentation of:
- a certificate of completed vaccination scheme and a negative PCR test certificate made up to 72 hours before the departure or negative antigen test made up to 48 hours before departure
- persons who are not vaccinated should provide a PCR test certificate made up to 72 hours prior to the departure or negative antigen test made within 48 hours before the departure and to undergo an antigen test on arrival and isolation for a period of 7 days.
For traveling to France and France to Orange countries, there is a need for an overcoming reason for the journey.
When traveling to France from the Red Countries, the presentation of:
- Certificate of completed vaccination scheme, permanent cause of the journey, a negative PCR test or an antigen test made within 48 hours before the departure, an antigen test on arrival